home
Blog

Saturday 30 July 2016





My  painting "Flights of Fancy" is to be exhibited as part of the "Lust for Life" exhibition at the Menier Gallery this August. 



The PV is this Thursday July 4th and it would be lovely to see some of you there. There will be a short talkat 7.00pm on PV night, given by Beatriz Acevedo.

I was contacted by Renee Rilexie the artist and curator from the Artists Pool last September, who let me know this exhibition was in the making. Coincidentally I had been working on some paintings inspired by the Argentine Giga, a giant hummingbird. I was also experimenting with the painting styles of Diego Rivera and Frida Kahlo. I was using the Giga as a metaphor for how inspiration travels. At the same time I had visited the Alexander McQueen retrospective at the V & A, and so, "Flights of Fancy" came into being.



I loved making this painting, It has many wonderful associations which are very close to my heart. I am also looking forward to seeing the work of the other artists involved, so many responses to Frida Kahlo all in one location.

Hope to see you there.





No comments:

Post a Comment