home
Blog

Thursday, 13 August 2015

I am  working on the Crittle windows that used to belong to our art deco house and were uncovered by the builders, buried at the bottom of the garden. Now that the work has fnished on the house I have started to work on the frames.

 It had always been my intention to use the frames as supports for weaving. Now that I have started the work I am exploring the possibilities that the frames offer in terms of making new work. I have decided to incorporate art deco motifs into the weaving, using metallic threads which can only be seen in certain lights.








No comments:

Post a comment