home
Blog

Friday 7 March 2014

News from the studio

My last posting was in November about the Paysage 13 exhibition at The Suisse Art Space in Laussanne.... so time for an update!

Espacio Gallery, "Heaven and Hell" exhibition

I had a great Christmas and early in the New Year through to February  I exhibited in the "Heaven and Hell" exhibition at Espacio Gallery, on Bethnall Green Rd. Many thanks to all of you who came. It was a great space and I really enjoyed working with the Espacio team. A big thank you to Carlos de Lins and Ahmed and the rest of the team for selecting curating and hanging the exhibition.

I am delighted to have been accepted as one of Espacio's artists and look forward to showing at the gallery again in 2014.

Forthcoming exhibitions:

East Kent Printmakers 2014 @Whitstable Museum and Gallery from 27 March to 18 May 2014

I am delighted to have my work included in this exhibition. Thank you to Manda Gifford and the selection panel as well as the Print Block and Whitstable Framing for sponsoring. 
please let me know if you are visiting as I will try to be there to meet you and show you around.
 "Viracocha", Collograph, printing block ink on paper

 "A Fine Line", Collograph and Printing block ink on paper

There are also a couple of pieces of earlier work which I made during my time at the Artichoke studios in Brixton,  using lino-cut relief printing. They are in the browser unframed.

For info about the Whitstable Museum and Art Gallery:

http://www.canterbury.co.uk/museums/whitstable-museum/

I have also been invited to exhibit at the New Gallery space opening at Keams Yard from April 4th until April 17th. I am looking forward to showing some of my new paintings in the series "Thinking Threads". For more about Keams yard:

I think you will agree its a wonderful Gallery in a great location, facing the sea and right next to some wonderful restaurants and pubs as well as the car park...always handy!

Thinking Threads study 20 x 20 cm oil on canvas

Finally I am delighted to be taking part in the Whitstable Biennale 2014 as part of its Satellite programme and am showing (if that is the word!) a sound installation on Saturday May 31st. The work ties in very much with "Thinking Threads" ......
More details to follow nearer the time. For information about the Whitstable Biennale 2014   http://www.whitstablebiennale.com/

There are couple of more projects in the pipeline.....more about that later! 




No comments:

Post a Comment